Ornetts family photo

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one I got I bought when the first series came out, should have bought the non F hole semi hollow 335 size at the same time but thems the breaks...anyways, yours are the later models with the veneer tops, they have the logo that is not inlayed into the headstock...the first series did and had a flowery type thing there as well...and mine has the tree of life fingerboard inlay, they made one without that ...the tiger stripe top is really outstanding, I have the catalog from those days around here somewhere too...they weren`t made very long, they showed up in the local Rock Inn for a short time then they disappeared, they never got a second shipment of the early ones once they sold the ones they had.
Love mine and I`d never want to sell it...I`d like to but more from that first series too but they just don`t show up on the used market very much, the later models do but I prefer the older ones.

Yea, the read one does have the flower inlays on the headstock . (you just cant see them). I kinda like the plastic logo decal on the other models. It makes it feel just exactly what it is...a toy!

Latest posts

Back