Ordering LS85 with Bigsby?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singemonkey

Reaction score
Newbie here from South Africa. I don't yet own a Tokai, but i sure intend to.

I like Bigsby's for the look, sound, and I'm not worried about the tuning issues. I want a black humbucker LS85 with Bigsby to compliment my black p-90 Gibson Les Paul.

Have I got it right that it's possible to order one from Japan with a Bigsby? How would I go about this? If it's possible, would I have to pay a lot extra (besides just the cost of the Bigsby, I mean)?

Finally, would the standard Tokai Love Rock Case take the guitar with the Bigsby arm in place?

That's nice !! I've been thinking about fitting a B7 or B70 Bigsby for some time (in this case, to an Epiphone Gold Top). I'm hopefully going to be a Tokai owner in the not too distant future.... so it'll eventually be a Bigsby on one or the other !

Relatively easy to fit a Bigsby yourself - there are a few tutorials on YouTube, by the way. Not for the woodworking klutz, but..... not as difficult as you might think.

Cheers for the pics !

Dave

Thanks. Didn't realise I'd double posted.

That's a Chinese Tokai, right? Is this a standard order? Can you get the same vibratos on the Japanese models?

If you do it yourself, do you end up with holes for the tailpiece studs that need filling?

singemonkey said:
Thanks. Didn't realise I'd double posted.
Me, double posted
That's a Chinese Tokai, right? Is this a standard order?
Yes
Can you get the same vibratos on the Japanese models?
Everything is possible. You need time and $
If you do it yourself, do you end up with holes for the tailpiece studs that need filling?
Sorry, no experience - maybe another forum member?

Thanks for the help.

I guess I'll check out the Youtube vids and see if this mod is something I can do myself, and whether it'll leave empty holes for the tailpiece studs.

That guitar looks pretty good with that bridge on it though. :)

Latest posts

Back