One off tokai LS-320 Goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it, but not that particular guitar but another and liked Tokai playability better, R6 frets were a bit dissapointed to me....

luis said:
I did it, but not that particular guitar but another and liked Tokai playability better, R6 frets were a bit dissapointed to me....

Cool! I've never known whether to believe the claims about MIJ Tokais comparing favourably to Gibson Historics. If anyone has owned both I'd love to hear an opinion from someone who knows. My playing skills don't warrant the cost of an R8 or R9 but if a less expensive Tokai can get me the same standard of guitar then that's a different story.

interesting point luis raised about the 2005 model 320's, the last run of them, not having fret binding, I just got a 320 from 2005 and this is indeed the case, ...maybe because tokai were tooling up for the 380's ? as they also have no fret binding.

Not everybody has the same thinking as me. I don?t mind having a Tokai in fact I prefer a Tokai over anorther brand if quality is equal. It was my appreciation but I?m not a musician. Regarding fret edge binding I have a Tokai without LS-180CTM it and it?s a very good guitar with great fat sounds,near to a LS-320 regarding the price(half). I would like to try a LS-380 but I?m so tight that it must be done in a future....

Mark,I?ve seen you got a LS-320 that?s very tempting.

i got 2 luis, the goldtop and this new 05 one, which I havent put down for 3 days heh....

the 320's and the modern navigators are my favourite ''newer'' guitars..having said that I still pick up a historic now and again..

Back