Novice needing help with a dubious Guitar on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RConnolly

Reaction score
Hi

Im new to the forum and am looking to get a Japanese Tokai and was just looking for some advice on this ebay item. I take it the fact the stock has been changed means theres no serial number.

Tried emailing the seller asking for model number and serial number but he spat his dummy out and says he has had 110 emails and is to busy to answer them. Is this a big warning sign that its a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290658018296

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Rory

Just move on. There are plenty of guitars to choose from being sold by nice people, why waste time on one with a changed logo, and from a seller that won't help you?

Cali Girl is right. I saw that one pop up yesterday on ebay. From reading the revised listing, I'd stay well away - can you imagine if you bought it and then had a problem with it (eg damage you weren't told about prior to bidding)? Plus, the modified headstock is another big reason to look elsewhere.

My advice is to check out the classifieds on here or at the my les paul forum under the UK sellers thread. Gumtree is another option. If you keep a look out at these places, you'll get something really good from someone decent.

I hope this helps. :D

Cheers for the advice.

It was strange that he wouldnt give any info on the model, given thats what would drive the bidding up.

I'll give it a miss.

Rory

Latest posts

Back