Newbie, want to know a bit more about the specs of my LS-100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotti

Reaction score
Hi all, I am selling my LS-100QMATT and would like to know if there is anywhere I could find more info on the specs of the guitar.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scotti :wink:

Hi Scotti,

1-Click the Tokai registry link at the top left,
2-Click dating + ID blue link on top bar, click catalogs.
3-Click the catalog year that comes closest to the 1st two numbers of your serial # . eg-#03xxxxx would be 2003
Specs are next to pictures.

Just a guess, but it is probably equivalent to the LS-75 Q in the 2000 edition catalog posted. Model numbers went up with inflation.
Veneer quilt maple top, 2 piece back, intermediate model hardware.
A catalog 27 - 2012 catalog link is posted a bit below your thread and the 2010 catalog is in the same link.

As to value, it cost about 100k yen new + about 15k yen hard case value if there is one. Check the internet for current Yen to AUS $ exchange rates.

The demand for quilt tops is admittedly soft in a market flooded with so many cheaper alternatives, so the 2000 valuation is probably going to be closer to what you can expect to get for it. Try listing at today's valuations and dropping price in increments based on the time frame you have to sell it.

It may save a lot of time and speculation to just look on the Tokai site:

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/ls107qmatt.html

Latest posts

Back