New SG.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon Rust

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
it's late at night, but i had a question,

does anyone here is a proud owner of a Japanese SG???? one og the new ones????

I would like to know comments, suggestions, even it is is a small one, cause you are all Love Rock and Stratocaster lovers, but there must be someone wh nows more about the SG, thanks and see you tomorrow,
Ciao,
FR

:D Hi FR, I have two Tokai SG'sboth in the classic red of the early 60's. One is a Japanese version from 85' that I bought new in Japan, and the other is a Korean that I got from Mike's Music a couple of years ago. Both are the same but different! The 85 feels like an original Gibson from 61', cuts thru the mix really well for humbuckers, the Korean is a whole other animal, think "Crossroads" from "Wheels of Fire" I swear it has that tone in spades! So much so that I sent it to Ed Roman Guitars in Vegas last week for the Clapton/Fool makeover. I'm having them relic it at the same time. That guitar along with Lennon's Rick captured me as a boy. What's really funny is the first Les Paul that I really took notice of was when I saw The Lovin Spoonful live in Miami , all the great players and it was John Sebastian's 58 ' that caught my eye! Drugs were Good back then! Try one You'll like it! :wink: TG

I appreciate people that can help,
but could you give me some more specs, i need to know if there is anything to change to improve it, or it is fine as it is,

Le me know,
Daniel

Hi,
I purchased a new Tokai SG in March 2002 and very impressed with quality. The body appears one piece with the original 61 style neck joint and correct headstock. Fittings are nickel plated, small pickguard, cherry red, crown pearloid inlays - basically as a 61 original style SG. The pickups sound fine although this is with home use only, so I haven't been able to check at volume. The only problem I have is wresting it from my son who prefers it to his Squire Strat!

BobW

I wouldnt change either if them, well except for the paint job on the Korean! The pots on the Korean could be upgraded, the sound gets muddy when you roll off the volume...but I'm not gonna mess with it cause it roars when its wide open. :eek: TG

Latest posts

Back