New Member Here!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been a bass player for many years (both upright and electric) and becoming more interested in guitar playing and guitars. Sometimes I just enjoy reading about instruments and seeing what is available out there and recently found out about Tokai. I'm especially interested in the 335 and 175 copies like the UFA 180, FA 235, FA 245 and trying to figure out all the differences.

Welcome.

Tokai didn't make many FA copies.

The Japanese made model, FA235/245, appears in catalogs from 2010-2018.

Another less expensive model, the FA70, was made in China in 2007.

They have been making ES335 copies since late 1980, and they are fine guitars.

Here is the FA70 in the 2007 catalog. Made in China.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 2.14.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks Sigmania for getting back to me with all that info and the images of the various catalogues. The 335 copies do indeed seem like very fine instruments. There's a 1999 ES 120 natural on ebay currently and I wonder what you think of the asking price, if it`s reasonable. A 180 from the 80`s is probably a rare thing to find these days.

My wife is Japanese so if you are ever researching something and need help with translation let me know.

Thanks! Here is a list of catalogs that I have posted.

Chronological Index of Catalogs and Advertisements

You may want to look through those.

And linked sites here for others.

Tokai Catalog Sites

And as for values, I have no idea. Often depends on where in the world you are at. I would check lisings in your area for values.

Good luck & thanks for the offer!

Back