New LS75 ... $2000, anyone?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
I don?t think this is a particularly interesting guitar (not to me anyway), but thought you might find the Questions and Answers amusing http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=7304904380&rd=1 :lol:

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

I saw that auction title and hadn't even bothered to look closer until I saw your post here. You're right, its worth the read.

BTW, my '84 LS-80

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7302019642

still hasn't arrived :(

thats why I haven't posted any comments yet.

Newfie

Hi Newfie - your seller looks OK, decent feedback & has sold quite a few guitars ... sometimes sellers take a while to send stuff ... I waited two weeks on one guitar from US (& longer on smaller items) ... relax, I reckon it'll be fine :) .

Ian.

Hey Ian,

Ya, I sure hope it will be. The seller actually only took a few days to send it out. He's been great. Excellent communications.

Canada Customs has had their grubby mitts on it for a week now trying to figure out what it is and what it's worth. They won't give it back to UPS to deliver. The seller has had to deal with all the hassle of providing them with more information on the make/model/price/place & year of manufacture. First time I've heard of this sort of thing, and I've bought a lot of stuff from the US. Must have been just a random check or something.

I just hope the bunch of non-guitarists that are examining it don't ding it up or do a poor job of repacking it, resulting in damage to my axe.

Newfie

thats weird CC have had it for so long since the info they're looking for is right on the box usually (i.e. what the guitar sold for).
I've had guitars take up to 2 weeks from the states....and when UPS is involved it seems they like to take their sweet time coming to newfoundland. love to charge you through the nose though.
usually UPS does their customs thing through Montreal on the way here.

I used to live in Canada and I swear to God that a big part of why I left was what you just described. Customs Canada! That and UPS with their $50 broker fees BS! It just seemed like every time you turn around someone has their hand in your pocket trying to tax you for something.

Ya, UPS sucks in my opinion as well.

Take their sweet time, $50 brokerage fee, deliver later in the day.

They are also the only courier that ever damaged anything on me. They beat the crap out of a Fender Twin amp.

I don't like them at all, but, sometimes the seller does for whatever reason, and I try them again.

Dougj, what part of the island are you in?

Newfie

PS: It still hasn't moved. That's 10 full days Canada Customs has had it now.
Wtf is up with that??

Latest posts

Back