New LS125F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknBlues

Reaction score
Well my Epiphone LP Studio sold yesterday and I was a bit sad because it was my first Les Paul :cry: So I cheered myself up by buying a new LS125F today, It's a beautiful Cherry sunburst (I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully) It's an 08 model. Can anyone tell me if this is todays LS135 model or not?

Yep, I'd say it's equivalent to the current LS135F. Should be an awesome guitar. Looking forward to the photos.

Here's the pics
P1000004.jpg

P1000005.jpg

P1000006.jpg

P1000007.jpg

P1000009.jpg

P1000013.jpg

P1000015.jpg

Beautiful guitar, all the best.

I'm interested in your ALS, how's the quality of it?

Diamond said:
Beautiful guitar, all the best.

I'm interested in your ALS, how's the quality of it?

Thanks,, and the Quality of the ALS43 is surprisingly very good, I have seen a number of Chinese models and they don't even come close to this one , and the playability is very good as well. I have changed the machine heads to Gotoh SD90's because the originals were crap and I also changed the plastic nut for a Tusq nut Which has made some difference.

I've been pondering the ALS's too, but a plastic nut$^&)(@#$=!!!

With all the decent materials available like Tusc, Micarta, Corian, brass, Titanium, Concrete; why would anyone use plastic? To me the nut is the most important piece that determines how well a guitar plays and sounds, and not easy to make from scratch. Seriously, if the nut sucks the whole guitar sucks. Tuners are no biggie to replace, but I've carved a few nuts and its a pain in the *** (go ahead, I set you up). Do all the Koreans come stock with plastic nuts? I was considering a PRS copy, but really?

Why is it called a nut anyway? Should really be called a "Tone Sucker" or "Action Robber," (like Kahler bridges). Good ones would of course be a "Tone Generator" or "Action Blaster!"

Surely some of the MIK's must have something better right?

Beautiful LS btw!

Axchisler said:
I've been pondering the ALS's too, but a plastic nut$^&)(@#$=!!!

With all the decent materials available like Tusc, Micarta, Corian, brass, Titanium, Concrete; why would anyone use plastic? To me the nut is the most important piece that determines how well a guitar plays and sounds, and not easy to make from scratch. Seriously, if the nut sucks the whole guitar sucks. Tuners are no biggie to replace, but I've carved a few nuts and its a pain in the *** (go ahead, I set you up). Do all the Koreans come stock with plastic nuts? I was considering a PRS copy, but really?

Why is it called a nut anyway? Should really be called a "Tone Sucker" or "Action Robber," (like Kahler bridges). Good ones would of course be a "Tone Generator" or "Action Blaster!"

Surely some of the MIK's must have something better right?

Beautiful LS btw!

If you were considering an ALS model look around first because some have bad finnishes on them,, I got lucky with this one ,,pic's don't do it justice at all , looks much nicer in the flesh and plays very well too.

You'd be surprised at how many guitar makers use plastic nuts.

"You'd be surprised at how many guitar makers use plastic nuts."

Right, boggles the mind. :-?

Back