NEW EDWARDS PURE MATERIAL SERIES LES PAUL.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cashcow said:
How heavy is too heavy? Just saw a Bacchus on eBay and it weighed 10 lbs 6 oz - little hefty for me. What's wrong with a Lester that's between 7.5 and 8.5?

The below is from my own personal experience & is for carved top Lesters.

I have told several folks, and for quite some time that (generally) my better sounding Lesters are usually in the 8.5 lb. to 9.25 lb. range.
My best ones usually run in the 8.75 lb. to 9.0 lb. range.

There have been a few that are outside of these weight ranges that are pretty good too but very few ..............

I currently have a Bacchus BLS-120S @ 8 lb. 14 oz. & a Bacchus BLS-59 @ 8 lb. 13 oz. & they are both awesome :D

I would love a Bacchus Lester, but you'd have to admit that they are pretty rare, especially with the Gibson headstock.

youami said:
I would love a Bacchus Lester, but you'd have to admit that they are pretty rare, especially with the Gibson headstock.

There's some great deals on Dukes around at the moment!

JVsearch said:
7.5lbs = chambered, very rare, or something odd going on with the wood used.
quote]

My Edwards Jimmy Page trots in at 7.41lbs - no chambers. Saw it thru an airport xray. For awhile, they used super light mahogany but I've noticed that the current JP's are over 8lbs - still light - but I really lucked out on mine.

7.5lbs = chambered, very rare, or something odd going on with the wood used.

My Edwards Jimmy Page trots in at 7.41lbs - no chambers. Saw it thru an airport xray. For awhile, they used super light mahogany but I've noticed that the current JP's are over 8lbs - still light - but I really lucked out on mine.

Back