New build #4 complete!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
This one was quick to put together and setup, unlike my #2 Warmoth Jazzmaster that was a hell of a lot more complex.

Here are the specs:

MJT Alder Body finished in Fiesta Red
Squier CV Custom neck stripped, refinished with Tru oil, edges rolled
Bare Knuckle aged Flat 50 set (these pickups are the schnitzels!)
Wilkinson aged bridge
Toneshaper 4 way Tele system

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

The guitar sounds absolutely killer, like a really angry Telecaster. Lots of twang yet enough firepower for loud rock.

Special mention for the CV neck, this is an absolute gem to play.

Thank for your kind comments, just a couple of issues to address before reaching perfection:

- Seized screw in one of the saddles, will have to order a new Wilkinson saddle

- 0.5mm gap in the neck pocket due to removal of the thick poly coat and refinish with thin tru oil. I will build up another 3-4 coats at the next string change to bring it down to 0.

It sounds unbelievable, I can only recommend the BKP set if you are considering upgrading your Tele.

I like these Telemaster.

I would have assemblied a MJT Telemaster kit (with a musikraft neck) but the quality seems to be not as good as 2 years ago (I read on forums that some lacquers where not very well done).

They are really good if you want to go the relic way - the assembled guitar is a marvel to look at and will look more natural in a few months.

Warmoth work really well to but they use a thin poly rather than nitro.

Regarding Musikraft you cannot go wrong, their medium neck (rather chunky if you ask me) is an absolute gem to hold and play.

Latest posts

Back