New addition to the family!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinhotrod

Reaction score
After selling my LP studio last night I had my heart set on a Gold Top love rock, but these have went alot up in price recently meaning it would have to wait a bit to save for one(big thank you to Richtone and Tokaiguitar.de for replying to my enquries)

the guy that that put me on to my LP buyer told me he had a love rock and this springy for sale so I had to have a look. I ended up buying the pair of them and all with a good chunk of change from what the Gold Top would have cost me alone.

Anyhow what do you think guys? Looks like an 83 block logo springy, deluxe tuners and final pro spec bridge, "U" stamped pick-ups. An ST50???? All the electrics look original but im not sure about the single ply stratch plate. 5 digit serial. Only bit im not too happy with is the slight routing that has went on. nothing major though.

Have a look at my other thread for the love rock I picked up.

P1030903Medium.jpg

P1030898Medium.jpg

P1030899Medium.jpg

P1030905Medium.jpg

P1030906Medium.jpg

P1030902Medium.jpg

P1030900Medium.jpg

Looks fine to me. Yep, it's a 1983, probably an ST50. As it's a copy of a 1950s Strat the single ply scratchplate is correct.

What routing?

Mike

This routing, just on the peaks of the PUP cavitys.

P1030904Medium.jpg

Im happy that the scratchplate is kosher. not as desirable as other logo types, Its in in excellent condition with just light playing wear.

Oh yeah, I wonder why someone did that? :eek:

The block logo guitars may not be quite as desirable, but they are a lot less common than the others. And it's easier to date them!

Latest posts

Back