Need some info about this Super Edition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like this guitar?

• Yea you've bought a nice guitar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That guitar sucks!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zainou

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I've just joined this forum, as I bought my first vintage Tokai from Ebay, and I expect it delivered this week :)
I'd like to know some more about this guitar tho, I can't find out wich type it is etc. This is what I allready found on internet:

"Vintage Tokai 40 Series Featuring "Block Logo"
"Made in 1982 and made from Alder body"
"Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard with Gotoh pickups and hardware"

Thnx in advance for the feedback!

7312_3.jpg

740b_3.jpg

7502_3.jpg

759b_3.jpg

763c_3.jpg

77d1_3.jpg

Very 80's indeed. Never seen anything like it. A thought call but I usually prefer to be positive. Cool! In the 80's way!

Very 80's indeed. To be honest I was watching some other Tokai's first, but at this price I couldn't leave it.. 208 euro aint that much as far as I'm 'experienced' (read 'not at all') in these type guitars.
I would like to know what type it was called, as I browsed lots catalogue's but I can't seem to find the exact type...
Oh well with the prof's here on forum I'm sure someone will help me out. :wink:
Thnx for the reply's so far! :D

Hi!

The price is f*g low! What happened? Did the german flood the market with "the 2 characters I will never mention"?

Congratulations to Z! Really good deal.

Rup

Come on people, help me find out the exact model type of this guitar. :p

I've been searchin me *** off on all catalogue's, google etc and I still haven't found out what I'm playin exactly.

A free cold beer to anyone who gives me this info! :D

Thnx in advance!

All thanx for the precious time you put into this, but there's one thing I don't get.
How do you explain a serial number from '82-'83 when the catalogue says '85?

With kind regards,

Zainou.

In 1982 Tokai started using a number system for the Fender replicas, except the Silver Stars, that reflects the same number quantity and style that was used by Fender, ie 4, 5, 6 number patterns, and the Lxxxxx pattern as well.

kind regards
Mick

Latest posts

Back