My Tokai LS Custom and a Marshall Stack

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pages plexitone

Reaction score
I like the Seth Lovers....I bought this from Hisashi in March and picked it up in April.

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

This hall sucked acoustically.....but I like the sound of the guitar once I goosed it for the lead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-htKT4OUos

And I think everybody came to see my kid's band! :? Which I guess is sort of good.....if you squint real hard....

Hey dude, beautiful guitar, but what the hell does this mean?

{ This hall sucked acoustically.....but I like the sound of the guitar once I goosed it for the lead! }

Hey thanks...

The "Hall" I'm referring to is the hall I'm playing in if you follow the youtube link. It's an echo chamber...but the guitar sounds great! :lol:

You botched the solo at.....
LOL..nah...wd m8.
I was expecting a metal tone being a newish Marshall and all...but I was surprised at the "Brit tone".
Just bought a Bugera JCM 900 clone myself...mainly coz I can't afford the cost of a Marshall Vintage Modern :(

hisashi0731 said:
8999 LS-CTM,,,

I know this guitar.

Finger Board is the highest material!!

Cool, good sound

Please play the guitar. :D

Hisashi-san, Hai, So! Miko, my wife called you and had you ship it to Yokohama. I picked it up in when I came to Japan in April! Arigato. I wanted to visit your shop, but I had so much to do and my boots were only on the ground in Japan for a week...Gomen!

I get many compliments on it's looks and its sound....:D

Hey Thanks JohnA! :)

Ozeshin, ha yeah, I botch a lot of stuff. I'm stuck in about 1971, and completely enamored with that whole British sound thing. No "metal tone" for me. My idea of "crazy gain" is Joe Perry on the Rocks album! I like the VM amps too BTW. I think the 2555 and JCM900s are cousins so if you so desire I bet you could get that sound too. How do you like the Bugera?

What kind of model is a 8999 LS-CTM? is it a custom order?

The Bugera's THE best way to get a Marshall on a budget :p
I find if you run the gain flat out it's too Yank Metal.....but if you dial the gain back to midway and work the EQ a bit you can get a sweet Brit"woody" tone.
And the fact that it can run in Pentode/Triode mode is a huge bonus....switch it to triode and run it as a 60 watt amp...it drives the power amp stage harder.

Ha, yep! For sure, my 2555 has the same pentode/triode mode and I use it all the time. For softening up the sound a bit it's great. That's the mode I played the linked show in BTW.

Sounds like that Bugera is a good amp.

Ganzua,

I should let Hisashi-san speak to this but I recall he sells enough Tokai that he can spec out a his own custom LS models. This is one of those, with the flamed top, fret edge binding, Honduran fretboard (IIRC). I just thought it was pretty and I've seen tremendous consistency with Tokai so I wasn't afraid to buy it online :D .

Sorry pages, I should have been more specific, haven't heard the phrase "goosed it for the lead!" Must be a west of the Mississippi thing :wink: . Do you use any boost pedals for lead?

Again, very, very sweet guitar! Fret Edge binding! Outstanding. I've asked this Q a bunch of times here but are the inlays real mother of pearl? I should really start my own post about what models comes with them. The 230/250 and higher say "Amber Cell." Don't know what that means except aged. Heard your Gypsy recording, great tone!

"Heard your Gypsy recording, great tone!"

BTW, how was it recorded? Mics, speakers, Pro Tools etc.? Ever heard an early 70's Ampeg V4?

Axchisler said:
Sorry pages, I should have been more specific, haven't heard the phrase "goosed it for the lead!" Must be a west of the Mississippi thing :wink: . Do you use any boost pedals for lead?

Again, very, very sweet guitar! Fret Edge binding! Outstanding. I've asked this Q a bunch of times here but are the inlays real mother of pearl? I should really start my own post about what models comes with them. The 230/250 and higher say "Amber Cell." Don't know what that means except aged. Heard your Gypsy recording, great tone!

Hi Axchisler. Hmmm I don't know definitively what the inlays are. They look like my Gibbiie standard. But I'm afraid I'd have to defer to someone like Hisashi-san about that. They don't appear to be ambered though.

Goosed means I just turned up the guitar volume. Thanks about the gypsy tone...the main tracks were Tokai straight into my 2555. I used my tele and a maxon phaser for some spice.

Joe

Morning Axchisler,

I have the Marshall VM cabs so they are the G12C (like in the Jimi Hendrix cabs). A non-doped greenback with a 1777 cone :)

Joe

Latest posts

Back