My new LS 145S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarccoco

Reaction score
I just picked up this LS 145s today...What a great sounding/playing Paul......

LS145S160S003.jpg

LS145S160S001.jpg

LS145S160S006.jpg

LS145S160S012.jpg

LS145S160S016.jpg

LS145S160S017.jpg

LS145S160S018.jpg

LS145S160S015.jpg

It looks great. And a funny note, the nitro finish smells exactly like Gibson's top end nitro finishes. Must be the same brand of lacquer!! Im going to guitar center today to compare it to the $3,000 gold top P-90 they have....

Is this the guitar that is now called the LS160S? If yes then I have the same one. It's my No1 since I bought it. IMHO a P90 LP is the ultimate blues guitar ... It does everything from fat to bite, T-Bone and everything in between.
Congratulations to your wise decision! They are fabulous.
I replaced the pickups with stock Gibson P90s but put the Tokais back in. They are not bad at all in my opinion ... the Gibsons sopunded a bit dull compared to them. I also like the Tokai's medium neck profile better than the hefty R6 neck. The Gibsons are great but for me the Tokai was the better choice ... and for a much better price ...

To be honest I think that all nitro finishes smell about the same. Actually the finish is nicer on the Gibsons. The Tokai's is pretty thick while the Gibson Historics have a thinner finish.

Bluefinger said:
Is this the guitar that is now called the LS160S?

Yes. Stupid model numbering system. :evil:

Are these guitars all nitro? Or are they like my ES130 (now ES145??) - nitro topcoat on top of poly base coat?

Not sure Mike, I hope full nitro.. does any one know?? I would be interested in knowing the answer to that question. Ive always wondered about my ST 80 if it was solid nitro.

Bluesfingers, The stock pups do sound good, they have that good tone for sure for blues. And it is the same as your LS 160, Its the current price of the guitar where they get the numbering system right??? LS 145 is 145,000 yen and they went up in price to 160,000 yen..

Latest posts

Back