Model ID of Love Rock Les Paul - usual question!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chesterreddragon

Reaction score
Hi folks
I'd really appreciate some help identifying the exact model of this little stunner. Serial number 0712940 (07 build), zebra pups, unbound neck, beautiful finish (almost 3d).

TokaiLesPaul.jpg

Thanks for any advice given.

well since no one else is chiming in i'll take a guess, from your one picture it looks like a LS-105Q to me but its a made for the U.K. model and i don't have much knowledge of them. If it isn't the LS-105Q then it would be the lower model LS-75Q ?? or there abouts. More pictures would be nice of the back etc. Also if you take out the pups some of the LS guitars have the model # stamped in the cavity. Hope this helps.

2uh8wvp.jpg

Does the back of the headstock have a "Made in Korea" ink stamp ?

Does it have a maple neck by any chance ?
If yes to both, it is an LS-50 Q

If the back of the headstock is stamped "Made in Japan" with a 2 piece mahogany back, it is an LS-90 Q.
If the back of the headstock is stamped "Made in Japan" with a 1 piece mahogany back, then it's an LS-135Q or LS-145Q possibly.

Hi all
Thanks for your helpful posts. It's a MIJ (stamped on the back of the headstock) and has a 2 piece back. Looks like possibly an LS90Q then. I'm going to restring it soon so I'll take out the pups and have a look for a model number. I'll also take some further pics and post them.

What I can say is it's a wonderful guitar to play (as well as to look at) and the pups are very powerful, more so than the ones on my 1981 ES100R. Looking forward to the weekend when I get to warm up the valves and turn things up to 10 for a few hours.

Latest posts

Back