MIK serial numbers .. just a quickie ..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-odgie

Reaction score
I have an MIK Love Rock Goldtop .. no serial number, when (and indeed if) did Tokai start putting serial numbers on MIK models ..? I know this has probably been done to death already but I can't find a forum thread with the right info (blind & stupid :eek: ).

Registry sez - quote -

"Korean Serial Numbers's
Current Made In Korea (MIK) models have serial numbers that start with a letter (A, B, C, etc) but a date scheme has yet to be determined. Certain models have serial numbers as seen in the table below.
Guitar Serial Number
2001 Limited Edition Model number - not serial number
Love Rocks Custom Shop Serial Number"

- Unquote.

Huh??

:-?

The MIK Limited Editions have a number on the back of the headstock that is just a model number (all guitars have the same number). Later they started adding serial numbers that started with letters then in 2004 they went with a plain number beginning with 04.

I need to update that page.

Ned

cheers ned ..

so am I right in thinking that the regular MIK's (ALS50 et al) don't have, and have never had, a serial number? I know this is simple stuff but some things you just gotta know! :eek:

The early MIK's had no serial number. The MIKs built in 2004+ appear to have serial numbers. It gets a tad bit confusing.

Ned

Nice one ned ..

so I'm right to assume that my ALS50S MIK P90 loaded Goldtop is pre-2004. Is there any other way to date it to a specific year?? It appears on page 6 of the 2000 catalog as posted on the registry site (good site by the way :D ), and in the 1999 catalog on page 7, but not in the 1997 catalog. It has the "open book" headstock, and it's a definite player. I'm just one of those guys that has to know ... you know? :-?

Sorry about the vague-ness. Probably Pre-2003 as those have serial numbers that began with letters. The 2001 LE's had model numbers where the serial number would be and the Custom Shops (2003 I think) had serial numbers.

Ned

Latest posts

Back