LS125=1959 les paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RocknBlues said:
Is the LS125 supposedly modelled of the '59 les paul ?
Also will the black rubber on my guitar stands ruin the lacquer finnish on this fine guitar?

HUH !!! WHAT ?? PLEASE TELL ME THATS NOT RIGHT ??

WHEN YOU SAY LACQUER DO YOU MEAN NITRO FINISH ?

CAN THE RUBBER ON GUITAR STANDS AFFECT NITRO IN SOME WAY ?

druckpig said:
RocknBlues said:
Is the LS125 supposedly modelled of the '59 les paul ?
Also will the black rubber on my guitar stands ruin the lacquer finnish on this fine guitar?

HUH !!! WHAT ?? PLEASE TELL ME THATS NOT RIGHT ??

WHEN YOU SAY LACQUER DO YOU MEAN NITRO FINISH ?

CAN THE RUBBER ON GUITAR STANDS AFFECT NITRO IN SOME WAY ?

Um, Nitro(cellulose) is lacquer and yes, some rubber compounds will harm the finish on a nitro/lacquer guitar.

YEP! They can! through evaporation of plasticisers in the paddings of guitar-stands the nitro-laquer of your guitar can be raddled. Some brands use proven paddings, like HERCULES. I worked as a sales-clerk for guitars and was able to learn about the different stands and their paddings. Some cheaper brands also use 'harmless' paddings, but HERCULES stands guarantee a safe protection.

Does the same concern apply to wall hangers?......I have 'Fretrest' wall hangers for all my guitars and some have been hanging for several years without any problem so far

If the parts of your guitar which have contact to the stand or even wall hanger have a nitro finish,the laquer can be affected.As mojoburst wrote,it is a question of plasticisers used in the paddings.Big musicstores normally give information on their sides if there is any problem with nitro laquer

Latest posts

Back