Love Rocks / Springysounds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickH

Reaction score
The vast majority of contributions on this board relate to either LR's or the strat-a-likes. As an owner of an 80's breezysound (half bound with a lovely tortoiseshell mahogany top) which I've had since new it surprises me that they rarley get a mention.

Is it because:

i) The vast majority of Tokai production is given to LR and strat-a-likes

ii) Those of us that own breezysounds are deeply sad individuals who have no contribution to make to intellegent debate ever.

iii) They are considered to be pretty crap (surely not !!)

iv) All of the above

Really good site chaps, keep it up :wink:

Well, Les Pauls and Strats are generally more popular than Teles so I suppose it follows.

I'm guessing more Goldstars were made than Breezys - the former just crop up so much more often than the latter. Strats were particularly popular in the early 80s when these replicas were being made, so it makes sense. I think Love Rocks are so popular because theres never been a wide choice of quality cheapish but 'real looking' Les Paul replicas out there.

That said I don't think we should treat the humble Breezy as the poor cousin - they're simply great guitars and of no less quality.
I've got one of each and the Breezy (despite being battered!) is the one I pick up most.

Keep on breezin' :D

James

Latest posts

Back