Les Paul bridge question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chief

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance. I have always been a strat and tele guy. I just recently purchased a Greco Les Paul copy.

I took all the old strings to replace them and the stop tailpiece just dropped. Is this supposed to happen?

I put it back on plus the new strings. Then when I tuned it up to standard pitch, the lower strings (E and A) started to buzz. I didn't do anything to bridge. Any guesses why the sudden buzz?

Welcome to the forum!! :lol:

Sometimes the buzz is caused by a different gauge ... or by a different tension that the new strings have compared to the old ones.

When I change the strings I try to extend them carefully with two fingers after they have been mounted - then I tune them again.

The buzz can also be caused by the bridge which could be adjusted too low ... or the neck should be readjusted with the trussrod ...

You'll better check all these possibilities one after the other ...

... and check this:
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/pagelist.html :wink: :wink:

Good luck! :wink:

Roger

I took all the old strings to replace them and the stop tailpiece just dropped.

Lol

That happened to me when I first got an Epi SG (after being exclusively on strats) - the tailpiece fell off and narrowly missed the cat. Once it's fallen off you realise that the thing is held on by the strings (always after.....)

Latest posts

Back