Korean Tokai Quality?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me that a lot of people are getting "lucky" with their
MIK Tokai guitars these days,which is great news.Not so great
for the unlucky few though :-?

RossW said:
Canadians seem to have a line on better quality MIK guitars. I am not sure why, but we were foturnate. Unfortunately, I have heard that we will not longer be able to purchase Tokai guitars in Canada. Something to do with the big boys. Oh well, we were lucky for a while.

I recently bought a Tokai LR Korea and the quality is top shelf. I played Fender Teles and Strats, Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman and Gibson Les Pauls in the late 60's and 70's and the quality of this one is better than guitars from those days. It stays in tune forever, great low action and perfect intonnation (by Meter). Bought it in Saskatoon, one of the last LR's in North America due to the law suite trade restrictions.

Hi Wyzeoldemaster,
****, I think you beat me to it. Did you buy the guitar at Underdog? I was looking at that one! I bought a Tokai 335 and love it. I was just getting ready to buy the LoveRock. Did you look at the Reverends? I have been told to check out their Roxbury's.

Headin' downtown tomorrow.....

RossW said:
Hi Wyzeoldemaster,
****, I think you beat me to it. Did you buy the guitar at Underdog? I was looking at that one! I bought a Tokai 335 and love it. I was just getting ready to buy the LoveRock. Did you look at the Reverends? I have been told to check out their Roxbury's. Headin' downtown tomorrow.....

yup !!!! too bad... sooo sad...... seriously I did buy that one and almost bought the Roxbury instead. The Roxbury is a great buy and the quality is there. I went Tokai for the accuracy of the LP reproduction. The pick-up changes just send it over the top. Good Luck... they are pretty decent at Underdog. :D

Latest posts

Back