JAPAN VINTAGE - EDITION Vol 2 (TOKAI DREAM BOOK)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That went for $50. Ther's an Ibanez volume up now but I bet that goes for shead loads.

If any of you guys in Japan are smart you'll look into getting these done in English so we English speaking mono-lingual types can have a good read :wink: :D

we`d probably need permission to translate them...and there are 8 volumes plus the acoustic books in the series...and who knows how long it would take to negotiate a deal with the publishers...then, theres work...we all have jobs so translating them would have to be done part time...so between transalting the books and working...when would we find time to play our guitars? If you were smart...you`d learn Japanese and by the time you retire you may know enough kanji to do the job...I`m waiting.

Peter Mac said:
I got a Latin-American wife
Peter Mac

I have never tried that model. I once had an American wife and then I traded her in for a French model.

I have always lusted after a Japanese Wife or Chinese.......hmmmm Italian sound good, or even a nice Russian collectors piece.

Choices choices

Trouble is, Divorce aint cheap these days.

Latinoamerican wifes are fine,specially the first marriage years 8) . Do not be caught by topics.
Regarding translation, it will take very long,I can withness that.When I was writing my article about Fernandes it took us(Daisuke and me) 6 hours to translate about 12 pages from japanese to spanish,we got very tired and my friend ended up not following with more translations because the high work involved. I ask my brother to translate some things but not a whole book,it would be a really strong effort! When traslating, you cannot take japanese expresions literally and you have to explain the person who is translating about several guitar words and expressions...very very tired.

I would love my daughter to learn Japanese. I think the culture and litrature will really have an impression on her.

I can just about handle English :lol:

some things just don`t translate...I grew up with two languages in our house and thats just the way it is...which is why cultures borrow words from other languages.

Here we go again :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-SPRINGY-SOUND-LAWSUIT-GUIDE-VINTAGE-GUITAR-BOOK_W0QQitemZ170138130875QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They reckon this is the last copy. Don't get silly now.

last week I was finally able to get the Volume 1...it`s out of print now so the guys had to call around to the other branches of the chain to find one for me.

I got the whole collection (except #5 Aria related) from Ishibashi and I was carged about that,don?t recall the exact price,askthem if a copy still left....Only the photos are greatly worth. Most of the guitars seen on the book were for sale in Yahoo auctions afterwards....

Latest posts

Back