Jamming Ideas

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Reaction score
Me and my boring band are going down the pan! It is a 3 piece, me on vocals / guitar, with a bass player and drummer. We want to get jamming around some famous songs ala "Voodoo Chile" styley, start the song as normal and then your free to fly (or crash!), you get the idea. The list of songs seems to be somewhat limited, I dont want to be a Hendrix tribute band, so I am asking to question to those that know....

What songs could you recommend we use as a runway?!

Equipment wise it can be -
I play LRocks and I also have a Strat
Marshall Super PA bluesy rock sound
9001 + JMP!rack gear +EMGs hard rock/metal
old 70's Simms Watt head and footpedals grungy experimental sound

Your thoughts please gentlemen....

Hi Barry,
Get your Strat cranked up with a bit of chorus on it and try some Robin Trower, have a listen to his live album and jam along to Too Rollin' stoned and Day of the Eagle, classic stuff.
Regards
Nik

Barry, get some old ZZ Top, La Grange, Tush and the like are great for what you have described. Or a lot of Free has lots of room for jammin.
It's all good.

Hi Barry,

old ZZ Top is fine, we're doing the same. Cream could be another idea and for "free to fly (or crash!)" you could try yourself on a 15 minute-version of Neil Youngs Cortez the killer.

Have mercy

Joe

Latest posts

Back