It's all in "The Name"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
:D I have a Yahoo email account that I rarely use. Last week I was clearing all the bulk mail and spam when I came across some mail from and individual who was curious about my Yahoo profile "Tokaiguy". He wanted to know if this was in referance to the "Japanese knockoff" Of Fender and Gibson. :x I didnt educate him, I smelled a Rube! I told him that I like old MIJ guitars..."I have one I would like to unload, would you be interested?" To make a long story short I bought his Tokai "Knockoff" of a 50's Strat for $200 plus shipping. He says it has some wear on the sunburst finish but the neck and the "Spingy Sound 7okai" decal are in great condition. 8) I was miffed by his "Knockoff"comment, but by keeping my mouth shut, it looks like I made a good deal. :eek: And a win/win situation! :D All hail the MIJ "Knockoff" TG

:eek: The only Real LP's and Strats were made in the 50's and 60's! The Japanese made Gibson and Fender make a better guitar. Basically they are all in the "Replica " buisness... The Japanese were the first! :lol: It took Gibson and Fender year's to get close to what was done in the "Golden Age" The first Fender Reissues from the 80's are nowhere as close as a MIJ models of the same time. Fret markers in the wrong place at the 12th fret, screw placement on the pick gaurds... Gibson was making the LP with a maple neck!! and a volute!!! A 3 bolt Strat is a tuning nightmare! Thank God for the MIJ Replica! 8) Just the facts and my humble opinion! TG :roll:

Well I guess there would have been a Love Rock, ? only not as we know it, Jim :wink: .

Yes, they?re copies. But Strat & Tele are far simpler than Les Paul, and nothing in nature to say a copy can?t ever beat the original ? I think the case for early 7okai is at least arguable (nothing special about early Strats, except price). Re. Les Paul ? who knows what Gibson would have produced if Leo hadn?t made the Tele in 1950. Just 2cents, just gently wondering out aloud. :-?

Ian.

:D It is my other job! I come in contact with a lot of different people everyday and just as you would say Hello, one of my first goals is to find out if they play or know anyone who does! There are a lot of guitars stashed under beds and in an old closet! "I was gonna learn to play...but!" I hear that all the time. Last week I was with a customer and we started talking... He too is a collector. Some Fenders but mostly Conrad guitars! He was very proud of a "Bo Diddly" Electromatic that he bought on E Bay for $199! My first LS-80f was the guitar of a widow at my church who's late husband just counld'nt get the feel of an electric guitar, so under the bed it went for almost 20 years! Bottom line is like anything in life you just have to speak up! Where do all of the guitars sold in a year at a Guitar Center go? A girl I know at a car dealer in Dallas bought a blond dot neck Epi ES 335 for $75 at a garage sale in the case!! :lol: "One mans trash..." You gotta make it a full time gig, some guys chase woman I chase a MIJ deal! :wink: They are out there! TG 8)

Latest posts

Back