Is this from Japan or Korean? (pro's please advise.)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justpickin

Reaction score
I don't know the model number. But it looks like a custom. Can anyone chimed in and breakdown this guitar regarding it's origin history and model #? . I just won it on ebay and I"m really stoked in receiving her straight from JAPAN. The seller is definitely on the "up in up". I just need spec's.. Thank you all!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370242136999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT[/img]

Hishashi is a very respected trader. He's usually spot on with his listings. It's fret-edge bound so it'll be a good 'un!

In answer to your subject line, it's definitely Japanese and not Korean and it looks legit. As for the model designation (LC60, 70, etc), I'm not sure.

Most of the Tokai catalogs are on the forum..... just go to the Dating and ID section. Here's the page from the 84 catalog. According to it, yours is either a TLC60 or TLC100:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai86_7.jpg

Alan pointed out the guitar has fret-edge binding, so it won't be a TLC-60, it must be a TLC-100.

marcusnieman said:
In answer to your subject line, it's definitely Japanese and not Korean and it looks legit. As for the model designation (LC60, 70, etc), I'm not sure.

Most of the Tokai catalogs are on the forum..... just go to the Dating and ID section. Here's the page from the 84 catalog. According to it, yours is either a TLC60 or TLC100:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai86_7.jpg

Thank you all!!

yeah i think you got a real bargain there....looks like a really nice guitar

i almost went for it myself .....congratulations !!!

Jockai said:
yeah i think you got a real bargain there....looks like a really nice guitar

i almost went for it myself .....congratulations !!!

Thanks I just hope it arrives in one piece...Now and LS hopefully.

i've had a few Tokais in my time and judging by the many pics i think it's going to be a great guitar ....

it's a classic and will sound as good as ...if not better than any Gibson...

the white/cream Les Paul is a true classic guitar... think of Randy Rhoads ...

Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols ....James Dean Bradfield of the manics ...it

spans all genres....you'll want to pick it up and play it every time you see it

if it arrives !!...(only joking)......enjoy !!!..... :lol:

Jockai said:
i've had a few Tokais in my time and judging by the many pics i think it's going to be a great guitar ....

it's a classic and will sound as good as ...if not better than any Gibson...

the white/cream Les Paul is a true classic guitar... think of Randy Rhoads ...

Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols ....James Dean Bradfield of the manics ...it

spans all genres....you'll want to pick it up and play it every time you see it

if it arrives !!...(only joking)......enjoy !!!..... :lol:

Thank you for your imputs. Truly hope it gets here in one piece. First time buying something so far away. Not the seller mind you, but the shipping process can be toss up wether I'll get it in tact.
I'll post pics of it once it arrives. Hopefully :p

Back