IMC Tokai Distributor In Fort Worth, Texas

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Tokai Musical Intruments USA, INC"

And this with his signature before the Japan tour witnessed by his then wife, Lenora.

" STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN and TOKAI - Artist Endorsement...

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN and TOKAI

In January of 1985 Stevie Ray Vaughan became a signed endorsee of Tokai guitars. In 2011 the president of Tokai, Mr Shohei Adachi presented Jade with a copy of the original contract. Stevie appears on the cover of Tokai's 1985 -1986 Edition of their Electric Guitars catalog. Also, an interesting piece of trivia concerns Stevie's Texas Flood (Epic 1983) album cover photo. It was taken while Stevie was playing a Tokai replica Strat. On the cover, the Tokai logo was removed, however, many music shops sold a poster of that album cover and "Tokai Springy Sound" is clearly visible on the headstock. Stevie leaves a legacy of music played on his Tokai guitars.

Below is a copy of the original artist endorsement contract signed between that late great SRV and Tokai. How's that for a piece of electric guitar history?!"

http://planetmusiclismorenewsouthwales.blogspot.com/2011/09/stevie-ray-vaughan-and-tokai-artist.html

59f14f3039bfd707616432a7709e5725.pngfc406a80290913d9f5f8b2adbb04f5a8.png

Last edited:
1983 USA Ad

7okai
IT'S HIGH TIME

The premier guitars of Europe and Japan available now in the USA. The serious choice for serious players a select group of vintage and contemporary styles from $375.00.

Tokai
Design excellence
IMC International Music Corporation
PO. BOX 2344
FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76113
PHONE: (817) 336-5114

30620-63c996caae045a008271472f6adbc9e3.jpg

From the Aspen Guitars page on Facebook:

History Lesson:
Aspen was a brand name of a distributor, the International Music Corporation (IMC), of Fort Worth, Texas. This is the same company that imported Japanese guitars under the Hondo name. Aspen guitars were initially produced in Japan and later Korea (I believe). The Japan years were throughout the 70's, I do not have exact dates, but the early 80's Aspen models marked 'Made in Korea' are questionable in quality and consistency. The Japanese made models were generally quite good playing guitars. The Korean made ones are hit and miss on quality. The Japanese made acoustics were good copies of Martin models and 1 model (the DH-32) made to resemble the Gibson Dove. They also made Strat, tele and Les Paul and Gibson 335 copies that were quite good looking guitars. There are also bass guitars that are similar to the Fender P. A few weeks ago I saw a bass that resembled a rickenbacker. I personally have never touched an electric model Aspen and can't speak to the sound quality.

Latest posts

Back