I'm a bit color blind....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcus58

Reaction score
So can someone help with the color Tokai calls Violin Finish (gloss). I read a note somewhere that it is compared to Gibbys Tea Burst and I think those are on some of the Historic re-issues.. This one is a LS 100Q

So help a guy out who is color challenged to understand what this really is.

Thanks

TokaiLS5th050.jpg

TokaiLS5th045.jpg

Violin Burst is a new one on me. :eek:
What are the primary colors on the face of this guitar ? What did Tokai intend to do here ??? An orginal color or a LP copy color ? There seems to be quite a few different guitars that are offered in the VF.

markcus58 said:
What are the primary colors on the face of this guitar ? What did Tokai intend to do here ??? An orginal color or a LP copy color ? There seems to be quite a few different guitars that are offered in the VF.

VF (violin finish) is nothing new - it has been around for a long time - Gibson has been using it forever.

Quite literally, the finish color looks like that of a violin like this one:

http://www.darntonviolins.com/images/instrument_gallery/transitional_violin.jpg

The others of note are Cherry sunburst, Tobacco Sunburst, Lemon Drop, etc

markcus58 said:

It's an odd name but that top photo is a pretty good colour representation. It's intended to look something like a faded late 50's 'burst - orange to golden-brown on the outside and golden yellow on the inside.

It's an odd name but that top photo is a pretty good colour representation. It's intended to look something like a faded late 50's 'burst - orange to golden-brown on the outside and golden yellow on the inside.

That is what I was looking for. The color names and how it's fades from one to the others.
The Gibson finishes I see named include a few sunbusts. Cherry, iced tea to recall a couple. For the original, was there just one ?? What was that name so I can go search for a comparison.

Thanks a bunch.

Back