I wish I had that one back!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lived in Barking in those days. I only migrated here 18 months ago so I'm a newbie. I knew John very well. He came to my wedding (the first one) :D

Ok, I didn't know they still let us Brits in!

That must have been one of the shortest lived music shops ever in London - it closed after a year or two, didn't it?

Ozeshin said:
japanstrat said:
I regret trading my Fender Lead I in for an Ibanez.
As Elliot Easton said the Fender Leads are very underrated guitars.
I owned one as well (Cherry finish...rosewood fingerboard...single humbucker)...bought from Palings in Sydney.
They were based on a Strat style body but smaller dimensions.
Sold it to buy an engagement ring :evil:

Palings was my second home for a while.
I did buy my Fender Lead I from Palings but it was Black.

stratman323 said:
Ok, I didn't know they still let us Brits in!
The imigration guy was out strangling Koala's at the time...gotta keep his quota up :p

stratman323 said:
it closed after a year or two, didn't it?

No it was still going around 1987 but John pulled out soon after and left the shop to Mike. He saw the 'crash' coming in the late 80's. His exact words were "Selling guitars and amps is a leisure business. When people have money, they splash out on things they like. When they don't have money, they concentrate on paying the mortgage and the bills"

Pretty clued up guy is John. Haven't seen him for years though. Probably living in Monaco. :)

2004 Gibson X-Plorer Studio in metallic blue. Regretted it as soon as I'd sold it. Been looking for another ever since, but you just don't find them that easily :(

BaggyPants said:
Been looking for another ever since, but you just don't find them that easily :(
I know that feeling. Reminds me of a trampy-looking chic that I brushed-off at the Daily Planet Studios in the Village (NYC) back in 1980. She was looking for a band to sing with.

A few years later I saw her again at the CBGB. She was going by the name of "Madonna." I wish I had that one back! :wink:

Ibanez pro s540 (Frank Gambale), H S H, shark tooth inlay, metallic gray, I think she had a mahogany body.

Clean is nice, but some days you just wanna sound dirty, and she sure was. :p

Mick

Latest posts

Back