I need a screw for a knob....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well that heading should attract Mick & Marcus anyway, & start a few bad jokes too!

Does anyone know where I can get one (or more) of the little grub screws that secure the metal knobs to the pot shaft on a Breezy? I assume that they are metric, whereas a lot of Fender stuff will be Imperial?

So, yes, I am officially a screw loose.

:eek:

Mike

stratman323 said:
Well that heading should attract Mick & Marcus anyway, & start a few bad jokes too!

Does anyone know where I can get one (or more) of the little grub screws that secure the metal knobs to the pot shaft on a Breezy? I assume that they are metric, whereas a lot of Fender stuff will be Imperial?

So, yes, I am officially a screw loose.

:eek:

Mike

Like a moth to a flame, I was to that topic header....but I'm gonna take the high road. I'd bet the screw is metric....I have a Breezy here that I can look at.

Geeze Mike you left the door wide open with this one, and well done Marcus for showing restraint.... :p It will be metric, pretty much all the Jap stuff is metric .........{trying not to take the bait}...... got to go ............

Mick

A model shop that sells radio controlled car spares shoud be able to sort you out with a grub screw, if it's the same diameter as a strat bridge scre it's 1.5mm, else it's the next one up 2mm.

As you're in UK try screwfix, or if you're near a market any good hardware stall (or shop) will be able to sort you out with a good screw. Knew someone would eventually slip.
Maybe try one of the better guitar shops one that deals second hand you never know what they have lying about.

It seems that this was my mistake. I was expecting the knobs to be secured with a grub screw, as on Fender US & Japan Teles. Having had a closer look, Tokai haven't used grub screws, they have used Allen screws, so it looked like the screw had fallen out while it was there all the time. I tightened it up with an Allen key, & it's all fine now.

Just goes to show how you never can tell with Tokai. :eek:

Back