I don't think so.....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratmoto

Reaction score
"You can buy a Chinese make for $559.00 rrp so this unused Japanese version, from a master guitar maker is an absolute bargain"

Wrong...and wrong. :roll:

It is $499...and that is an unused Chinese version

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tokai-SG-61-RI-Brilliant-White_W0QQitemZ330357559178QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item4cead84f8a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I sent him a message and he replied...

"The guitar has 'Made in Japan' on the back of the neck at the headstock. Seems people have a lot ot say about something they have never actually seen. David"

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
These people pop up everywhere, wonder where he gets his info..!! :eek:
Did you send him a message Peter.?

Mick

"Hi David,
The SG38 model is a Made in China model by Tokai. The photos confirm this. The listing says it is a Made in Japan and another eBayer has pointed this out. Could you include a clear photo of the back of the headstock which will show the Made in Japan and the imprinted serial number. A pic of the headstock front should show 2 truss rod cover screws for Japanese, or 3 screws for Chinese. That should help clear up the questions about this listing."

If he is an honest eBayer, he will straighten the wording to clear it up. Or, he may have some super secrect made in Japan model that he commissioned the factory to build, but I doubt that very much.

Looks like he is an honest seller, but was given some bogus info when he originally got the guitar.

Anyway he has changed it so there is no misrepresentation.

Price is good, he dropped it down, someone could get themselves a good guitar. Saves someone thinking they got bargain of the year and then come here and find out is is not Japanese.

All good in the end.

Latest posts

Back