I am considering this? Thoughts?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QuattroSte said:
The seller doesn't know the model number. Should it not be on the last fret?
Only on Reborns, as far as I know, and this is a Love Rock, probably a LS 50 because of the three-piece maple top without veneer.

No, Love Rocks never have the impressed model number ... that was only done on the earlier 1978-79 Reborn & 1980 Reborn Old.

But that guitar is definitely an LS50, because it has the 3-piece top (did seller really not know that?). It has correct double-ring tuners for pre 1981 though. But still need him to confirm impressed Serial No. for 1981.

The idea of Gibson pups may sound attractive, but would probably devalue the guitar slightly. However, there are lots of different Gibson pickups & he doesn?t tell us which type. The original Gotoh?s are excellent imho (though lots of people like changing pups) - personally I?d prefer the Gotoh (as a player).

Otherwise I see nothing glaringly wrong on the guitar ? fittings all look correct. Wouldn?t take any notice of story about this guitar being better than his 97 Gibbo & killing him to let it go etc., & of course I?ve no idea if the guitar is actually OK re frets & neck & electrics etc :-? .

Ian.

Err,..hadn?t seen Hans-J reply when I wrote that ?replies crossed in the Ether :-? .

Ian.

Latest posts

Back