Hummingbird reissue

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
:eek: Have you seen the new Hummingbird? Eastwood Guitars are involved, they were going to release it as an Eastwood Hummingbird but from what they are saying they wanted to have the Tokai name on this one. It must be the same Korean factory, a lot of Eastwoods look like MIK Tokais {Beatle bass etc...} You can check these out ay www.myrareguitars.com 8) TG

I have to be honest ... I think they're quite possibly the nastiest looking thing with 6 strings I ever did see. They look like they've been shunted through a black hole!! :D :D They look bent! Surely not everything from the late 1960's has retro chic? Vox Teardrop? Yes! But these ... hmmm? :eek: I've got an SG and even I know guitars aren't meant to be THAT sharp and pointy ...

It's just me isn't it?? Hello?? :lol:

The owner of Eastwood guitars told me that the guitars are made by MUSE Inc. which is based out of Korea; however, almost all of the Eastwood models are made by MUSE's plant in China. The recent Airline reissues sold by Eastwood were made in Korea. I'm not sure if they use the same Korean plant as Tokai, but he has sold Tokai models from time to time (SGs, Flying V, Explorer). My guess is that there must be some connection to the Korean plant that Tokai uses.

Latest posts

Back