Holy Cow !!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaggyPants

Reaction score
Just been re-wiring my LC80 and I've noticed that the colour from my case has leached into the finish :eek: I thought the LC80s were poly ? Surely only nitro does this ? Anyway, I'll be getting rid of the case (Coffin) and getting something else to keep it in, but does anyone have any idea of the best way to get the crimson stains out of my vintage white ? Is T-Cut (rubbing compound) the best bet ?

OK, T-Cut cutting compound got the stains out :D Word of warning to anyone with a white Tokai: Don't put your beautiful guitar in a Coffin Case !!!

I'm selling the sod and getting something else to put it in :evil:

my m8 had that happen with a gibson case and a white SG ...we used 3M mirror glaze ..worked...but it was because the dye used is water soluble, and the case shroud got wet......

This case was bone dry and the stain wouldn't come out with ordinary polish. Most of it was just in the surface, but some had gone deeper and needed a lot of rubbing out :eek: Still, all's well that ends well :D

I guess if the finish is white there is a possibility it can get stained from the case... but it should be easy to clean.

I mean man why did you get that case, not only does it stain guitars, it's also butt ugly... sorry :D I had to say it

seriously try some of ernie ball's cleaning compound it ought to come out fairly easy I'd guess

Normal cleaner didn't work, mate. I tried plain polish first, then Fender/Maguires swirl/haze remover. Neither touched it ! In the end, I got it out using T-Cut, Bruno. It's what they use for cutting back car paint. It worked very quickly, thank goodness. The case is up for sale and I'm getting a more suitable (and lighter) one 8)

Update:

At the weekend, I wrote a polite email to Coffin Case (the manufacturer), Rosetti (the UK distributor) and Aire Guitars (the dealer), warning them that this product might have an adverse effect on some guitar finishes, and telling them that I had to sell a case that was only four months old because it was no good for my purposes. Guess what: Not one of them has had the common decency to reply.

Like a lot of companies nowadays, once they have your cash, they don't give a crap :evil:

Latest posts

Back