Help with identifying my Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegary

Reaction score
Hello from a newbie and please excuse my ignorance when it comes to Tokai.

I've had what I believe is a Springy Sound since around 1983 which I bought off a friend. I wondered if anyone could enlighted me as to what model it is and roughly what year is was made.

Unfortunately my friend removed the Tokai sticker on the headstock and decided he wanted a double humbucker neck pick up. So the scratch plate has been badly modified and the original pickup is missing. I still have the other 2 though.

Since then I've replaced the pickups, covers, scratch plate and back plate but have the remains of the originals.

A bit more info
The headstock still has the 'Oldies but Goldies' sticker
The neck plate is marked 11582
There's an oval 50 sticker on the reverse of the neck near the body
The tuners are Deluxe
The saddles are Final Prospec

Here's a few Q&D pics (excuse the dust and dirt :oops: )

HPIM2487.jpg

HPIM2488.jpg

HPIM2489.jpg

HPIM2490.jpg

HPIM2491.jpg

I've had it for at least 28 years now and it's part of the family, so it's about time I tried to find out more about it.

Oh and it's a joy to play, lovely sweat tone with a perfect action and intonation.

Thanks for reading and any information would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary, do you have the letter stamped on the back of the original pick ups? e.g E, U etc. That will help identify.

Colour code in the body looks like it will be FO (Flamingo Orange). This is in the volume pot cavity

marcusnieman said:
bluejeannot said:
When did Final pro spec saddles appear on Springys 82?Gabe

I've got an 81 with them on it

I am not sure but I think they came during the later half of -81.
I have an -81 Springy with Final Pros as well.

Back