Help please ive got pics as well :P

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtydogim

Reaction score
Well i hope my guitar is a mid 1980s guitar i just wanna know some stuff about it serial on the back is 20969 whihc is weird because supposidly thats from the 1956-60 ish but i know tokai are all copie. Its japenese :lol:
so here are the pics:
Picture022.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

All i ahve ot say is its a lovely guitar easy to play and with 21 frets i ahve less to worry about but i miss the other 3 :cry:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The serial number on the neck plate does not relate to a year of manufacture like a true Fender would.

The bridge and headstock would date it up to 1984.

Have you taken the scrateplate off and looked for markings in the neck pickup cavity ?

Is there a letter stamped on the back of the pickups E, U, V, VI ?

Tokai didn't just make one version of a strat - they made loads. They made from low to high spec using different quality of fittings and electronics. With yours having a final prospec bridge, this would indicate it's at least a middle of the range model as the tremelo block will be steel, rather than die-cast.

Post some more photo's for confirmation.

ok now i need your help there are 6 springs in the guitar where the pickups are shped like a cone. THyeve fallen out of plave are they there just to help the picups to be pushed down as in the screw goes through them?
here is the pics of th inside the pickups have 1R as a label with sd 291 i think on th epickups themselves hope this helps
Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

enjoy :wink:

+1 on that Javelin.

Maybe a vintage staggered? If so, a good choice, and the original Tokai p'ups are no big loss IMHO.

BTW, where are you in Sweden? I was in Europe on business the last 10 days, and I spent last weekend with a friend in Malmo.

Scott

hey... i have an identical tokai guitar (different coloured body though) but it doesn't say "goldstar sound" and the logo has 7-like T. that's kinda weird. where did you get this guitar?

Well im form the UK
I inherited this guitar and well i ahvnt a clue where its from my uncles ahd it for a good few years.
Just a quick question is this a rare item and alos how much would it sell for because i may need to insure it if its a bit of money.
I love this guitar its a grat guitar, its easiest thing ive had the honour of playing even better than my bc riches

Hi guys,

from what i've seen the guitar would be a TST-50 in Olympic White. The t'shell scratchplate is not original, nor are the pickups however the body [ 12=4 OW] and the fittings on the neck would certainly put it around mid-80's manufacture. It is based on a 1958 Strat.

regards
Peter mac

ScottA said:
+1 on that Javelin.

Maybe a vintage staggered? If so, a good choice, and the original Tokai p'ups are no big loss IMHO.

BTW, where are you in Sweden? I was in Europe on business the last 10 days, and I spent last weekend with a friend in Malmo.

Scott

Hi Scott, I live about 550 km's north of Malmo and 160 km's south of Stockholm.

Hmm, it seems as if I just bought a Springy Sound with the same pickups (vintage staggered SSL-1) :D !

Mike

javelin70 said:
Hmm, it seems as if I just bought a Springy Sound with the same pickups (vintage staggered SSL-1) :D !
I have those in my self-built Strat, too, and really like them. El Diablo and Swingtown on my homepage are done with that guitar.

hans-j?rgen said:
I have those in my self-built Strat, too, and really like them. El Diablo and Swingtown on my homepage are done with that guitar.

Ok, Sounds good! I've wanted a Springy for some time and it's supposed to be original except for the pickups. I sold my 1982 TE-50 to be able to buy this strat since I never play the tele. I guess it's not my kind of guitar but it was really nice with a lot of vintage feel to it. I hope the strat is as good! I bought it from Germany btw.

Mike

Forgot to mention that Every Breath You Take was done with the Strat, too, but with all three pickups in parallel. It's not a normal Strat either, because it's a 1-piece quilted maple body with a string-through-body hardtail instead of a vibrato.

Use a tuner next time on your sound samples :D

hehehe./

sorry just got out of a session and had to tune, tune, tune, tune then TUNE SOME MORE.

nothing personal.

Latest posts

Back