Help me take apart an Edwards LP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF happened to that..!!...looks like it fell out of a car..... :eek:

I would rather see an autopsy on a Gibson lp standard.....now that i would pay for.... :wink:

Mick

If it was me, I wouldn't put more than 70$ in it. Without the hardware it doesn't worth more. I've sold one with all the hardware included, broken but in a better state for 80$. This guitar is dead unless some magician put it back to life with some glue and a bit of work. :)

I won't help put money in the pocket of a greedy seller.

He should give it to you in exchange for the post mortem information that will be useful to all and future Edwards owners along with various other manufacturers in terms of the build quality.

marcusnieman said:
cyberpunk409 said:
the seller had a fit! had to pull it off

The seller had a fit? That thing is firewood now anyway. Is he a forum member?

tell me about it! he's a forum member over at japanaxe and TGP, don't know about this one. He got all sh1tty because I never asked for his permission when seeking donations to fund *MY* project in discecting this Edwards for the greater good of all Edwards and MIJ LP owners.

I told him that it really was no concern of his where the money comes from, and that if he wanted to sell it for $150 then he should've just sold it for $150 and not worried so much about where the cash was coming from. I also told him that it's worth about $20 in scrap wood.

Kinda hard to be prideful when your selling scrap lumber. What does he care where the money comes from? You can bet your rent that if I ever (God forbid) crush my beloved Edwards Jimmy Page like that, I'm donating the body to science.

especially since the guitar was crashed during shipping from japan. If it was shipped by EMS, you can guess he got his money back so the rest is bonus. :wink:

as far as i know, he actually got a replacement guitar sent.

He sold the Seymour Duncan pickups and all the other hardware and then wanted $150 for the wood, he's a pretty sad profiteer.

cyberpunk409 said:
he's a forum member over at japanaxe and TGP, don't know about this one. He got all sh1tty because I never asked for his permission when seeking donations to fund *MY* project in discecting this Edwards for the greater good of all Edwards and MIJ LP owners.

YES ... I remember that thread ...
I guess he didn't like the idea from the very first moment for reasons of his own ...
If it was me I'd have dissected the remains for myself - with pics for the folks outside ... just for getting to know ...
Roger

Back