Hello everyone!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
Just joined this forum today - just like to say hello!

More importantly - I have ordered a new LS 150 in dark heritage cherry (not really sure what this looks like as online pics are limited).

This will be my first ever Tokai guitar - I hope I have made a good choice....

Thanks for your time, happy guitar playing!

Hello!

Hope you will enjoy your LS150 when it arrives.

They are lovely!!! :D :D

Hi There,

I've just got a new LS150 in HDC. I love it. Heres' some pics:

Tokai007.jpg

Tokai016.jpg

Tokai049.jpg

Tokai028.jpg

Great pics thanks. I'm definately happy with the HDC finish - looks fantastic. Now I'll just have to wait until the end of April (ish) to pick up.

Yes - ordered it this morning and left a deposit. They have sold 4 of their 12 allocation according to the email they sent me. All colours available except the violin finish. As some of you may know Coda not supplying cases in the ?749 price.

I will Badger.

You must do the same.

I originally ordered the vintage natural but felt safer going with the VF in the end. Mind you, that doesn't stop us from checking out the others that haven't been sold yet does it? (tone wise aswell) :wink:

Interesting, I ordered and put down a deposit for a VF one at Coda's as well weeks ago... I wonder if they ordered two of them. BTW: That HDC looks stunning as well.
CT

Hello all.

First post but have been reading from this forum for awhile.

Is it any cheaper to order from Japan or buying from Coda?

Information from this forum seems to state that MIJ are better in quality
than MIK, in North America, we get only MIK.

Thanks

damameke:

I would say it was easier to buy from coda, or in your case if you can find a local/domestic dealer, since what you are paying is a known ammount. Where as buying from Japan you may or may not .have to pay things like: shipping, bank transfer fees, custom charges; these could be pretty high, so add up to your price. They might all add up to being the same as a domestic price (esp coda since they are generally pretty good on price). When I got my Tokai I found the cheapest price, and added on the other factors, and it ended up being more than coda's price, so I just drove there and got it, plus you dont have to wait! On the other hand my next guitar (not tokai) I am getting from Japan and saving ?300-?400 on street and even internet prices.

Anyway, I hear that Tokais are somewhat rare in America, moreso than UK. I guess Coda will privide an easier experience because of the language thing over Japan, but obviouisly you'll have to pay things like shipping (perhaps less than japan?), customs (depending on your state I guess?). Hmm, if you have a low tax, then it might be cheaper to buy from Japan..

So in short, I dont know! But research it, and theres no harm contacting stores to ask them too. Hopefully someone will come along with a more useful answer!

ANyway, I am sorry to hear that Coda dont have any more of those LS150s in VF, since if I were to get one that's what I would get, which is pointless since I cannot afford it right now anyway!

damameke said:
Hello all.

First post but have been reading from this forum for awhile.

Is it any cheaper to order from Japan or buying from Coda?

Information from this forum seems to state that MIJ are better in quality
than MIK, in North America, we get only MIK.

Thanks

If you live in the U.S. it is easy to buy from Ishibashi in Japan. There's no custom charges or tax in the U.S. I think I paid $1,115.87 in total for my LS 145S gold top wich I find to be a much better guitar in all ways than my LS 150.

Mark

Latest posts

Back