Greco WF-140 got it!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tc2

Reaction score
I recieved the Greco Falcon last week....
pretty cool guitar!

pict0119.png

WOW!! :eek:

Tell me it plays as good as it looks, although it does a great job as a lifestyle piece!

Cool guitar (and scooter).

20 century boy said:
yeah, nice scooter "the jam" :D

A few mirrors and a fox tail would be nice.
well I had mirrors but I broke 2 off and decided to keep um off for now :cry:

the guitar plays great the only thing that I would have prefered was a little thicker neck its a bit like a 335 from the late 60s or early 70s has a volute like a Gibson.

so, is the honeymoon over :cry: ..................................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-WF140-White-Falcon-gretsch-knob-SUPER-REAL_W0QQitemZ150331282863QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item150331282863&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

not really...:-?

lets say that its a great guitar especially compared to a 2500.00 Gretsch White Falcon but I really want a Gretsch 6120-59 with trestle bracing, theyre going for 1800.00 up, not sure if I can swing getting another guitar without selling one.
the guitar didnt sell so Im going to be deciding whether I will be keep it or trying again to sell it.

Greco also made a copy of that one ( I have one) but no trestle bracing.

About how gretsch built in japan, well, when fender bought the company, Gretsch was already ghostbuilding at Terada because BAldwin was not satisfied with the kalamazoo job. And Fender was already dealing with Greco for the Fender japan line for a long time... :wink:

yeah I tried to get a Greco 6120 but it was already sold....
I think I just like the 16 inch single cut body Gretsches.
:roll:
I may put the WF140 back up for sale who knows?
t

Back