Greco Stratocasters

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozgrecofanatic

Reaction score
Hi all....

I've got my eye on a 1982 SE600 Super Sounds Strat at the moment. Maple neck, what looks to be NITRO finish as well!

I'm curious to know why the Greco Les Paul and ES335 copies are so highly regarded and the Strats kind of "fly under the radar". Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is so? If Fujigen made all the early JV Strats etc. surely a late period Fujigen Strat should be pretty **** close.

Any comments or info is greatly appreciated>

Dave

ozgrecofanatic said:
I'm curious to know why the Greco Les Paul and ES335 copies are so highly regarded and the Strats kind of c. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this is so?

Greco high end EGF and ES335 were the most accurate, expensive and the "top of the line" (EGF1200/1800 - SA1200). Also they have Maxon Dry Z pickups and that's enough to double the guitar price.

Greco Strat high end pickups (S8- SE1...) aren't as famous as Dry Z. However, I own a SE700 Super Real and quality/sound are awesome.

Also I think the SE800 Super Real is an exception and don't really "fly under the radar" like all models below. Just look at the price this one sold.

Latest posts

Back