Greco LP Model Question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty490

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum having just purchased my first Japanese Les Paul style guitar.? I've had numerous Gibson Les Pauls over the years including a 70's Deluxe, 70's Custom, 80's Standard, 90's Classic, and a 1998? 58 Reissue flametop that was exceptionally fine.? My newly acquired Greco stands well above everything but the R8 and comes in a close second. The R8 is long gone and I'm very satisfied with this new guitar at a fraction of the Gibson's cost.? I also own a CIJ Fender Stratocaster 57 RI and was hoping that a Japanese Les Paul would be as well-made as the Japanese Fender guitar, it sure seems to be.???? Anyway I've been on this forum a while and know that there are some resident Greco experts aboard and was hoping that you could give a better idea of what I have.? It's a 1990 Mint Collection and probably a EG-59 model? (S/N 0 3586). It's all original (except toggle switch replaced after recent purchase), has a very nice laminated two-piece flametop, back looks to be two-piece, one-piece neck, no fret-edge binding, long tenon, no stickers or markings on the pickups, no markings in any control or pickup cavities.? I'm not knowledgeable enough to determine if the finish is nitro or poly. Aside from the pickups which are unmarked is there any way to tell what EG-59 model this guitar is? Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks,........Marty

Thanks Dave !!!!!!

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

I don't know the model but, I've had a few like that one. Thats's nice color and top on that one! :D

Latest posts

Back