Greco e-bay alert

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiftywatt

Reaction score
Three pretty nice ones on the bay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-EG-59-Real-Super-Grade-of-Quality-Lawsuit-Japan_W0QQitemZ170079439431QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Greco-Les-Paul-guitar-sunburst-59-replica_W0QQitemZ330086715135QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-GRECO-EG100-59-LES-PAUL-FLAME-TOP-BURST_W0QQitemZ170080477198QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have no vested interest in any of these, but I play a couple of Greco's just like them, and they are good Lesters. Thought I'd share with those here who are in the market. Cheers.

first 2 are eg59-60's, last one is possibly a 100, more likely a 85, definately NOT dry Z, (that really annoys me) if its a 85 then they are double tricks, if its a 100 then they are DRY1982, only the superreals had DRY Z...

if the sticker is lost from the back of the pickups then it is impossible to tell whether it is an 85 or a 100 model without taking the PU apart..the only difference was the PU in these 2 models..

Hello fiftywatt,

About the first Greco you mentioned: Is the quote "I'm covered up with Greco's but I will pass the word about this one. It's a fine piece. Good luck with the auction" posted on Ebay yours? :D
I think I've seen these photos before. Is this the second time that is guitar is up for action?

Dirk

fiftywatt, the third one you have a link for was recently sold by vaporman fo $899.99 to member bl4ckc4t, the seller in the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-EG59-100-Cherry-Sunburst-LP-59-Flame-Top-Replica_W0QQitemZ280076136891QQihZ018QQcategoryZ38086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Makes one wonder why he paid $900 and turns around and tries selling it; I wonder did he think he could actually make anything off of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-GRECO-EG100-59-LES-PAUL-FLAME-TOP-BURST_W0QQitemZ170080477198QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MIJvintage said:
fiftywatt, the third one you have a link for was recently sold by vaporman fo $899.99 to member bl4ckc4t, the seller in the link

MIJ.. yes indeed I noticed that too after I posted the links.
Seemed strange to me too. That flametop that belonged to vaporman looked to be a 1990 model to me, and def not Dry Z pickups either. Pretty guitar though.

Pauwels said:
Hello fiftywatt,

About the first Greco you mentioned: Is the quote "I'm covered up with Greco's but I will pass the word about this one. It's a fine piece. Good luck with the auction" posted on Ebay yours? :D
I think I've seen these photos before. Is this the second time that is guitar is up for action?

Dirk

Dirk,

Yes, that was me that posted that, but I've only seen that Greco the one time.

a663_3.JPG

Pretty safe bet that it has a long neck tenon also. I've got one almost identical to this from '84 that is def long tenon.

Hello FiftyWatt,

How much did you pay for your Greco? I would buy this Greco if I didn?t had to pay the shipping costs and the taxes. The reserve will probably be set round 850,- $ and by the time I get this guitar the price + shipping + taxes will be 1200,- $. That?s to much. One week ago there was a Greco for sale in Germany. It went for 585,- euro. . I should have bought that one.

Dirk

Pauwels said:
Hello FiftyWatt,

How much did you pay for your Greco? I would buy this Greco if I didn?t had to pay the shipping costs and the taxes. The reserve will probably be set round 850,- $ and by the time I get this guitar the price + shipping + taxes will be 1200,- $. That?s to much. One week ago there was a Greco for sale in Germany. It went for 585,- euro. . I should have bought that one.

Dirk

Dirk,

Check out the closed auction in the second link I posted. $540 USD including shipping. Thats a killer deal. I don't see them go that cheap very much. Your best bet would be to use a Yahoo Japan Auctions buying service or buy directly from a dealer inside Japan.

Yes that second Greco was a good one. I contacted the seller but he did not want to ship to Holland. Otherwise I would have entered the bidding.

Dirk

Hi guys,

I just found this site and wish I had found it sooner. Great info on here. I am the seller of the 2nd LP link. Hi again Dirk!

I probably should have opened up to worldwide shipping, but i've had some difficulties in the past with things getting held up in customs for very long periods of time. it gets a bit nerve-wracking when your perfect ebay feedback is on the line and the buyer has been waiting for the item for weeks.

the Greco LP did end up selling at a lower price than I thought it would. I was hoping to see at least $550 before shipping. I think I paid about $540 for it 5 years ago with NO case. In any event, the winner seems like a nice chap and I think he will really like it. It was my first Greco, and I wasn't expecting much when I bought it, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised when it arrived and I got it set up.

I still have one very nice gibson '78 black custom, but i enjoy playing the Grecos more. The new one I bought is super vintage feeling and I think I've got the bug to buy more. I'm talking myself into an EGF1200 next :D

Seeing as how we're throwing figures around............
Remember that guy from Ebay who was selling a MiJ LP with tape over the brand?
Well he has far more MiJ LP's than he first let on.
He has emailed me asking this:
do you know much about the greco jeff beck les paul from around 77, what
they worth etc?
-niki
Any ideas guys?
I'm only helping him out because he offers me these guitars prior to putting them up for auction :p

Back