Great electric blues riff

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali Girl

Reaction score
I was watching Public Enemies and in one of the opening scenes I heard a great electric groove. I looked up the soundtrack and it's a song by Otis Taylor called Ten Million Slaves. You can hear it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESD9eRIshQ

Now I think this was written on a banjo but you can really make it sound cool through some vintage Tokai Gotoh PAFs and a phaser. I found some tab arranged for the guitar on the web:

Code:
e|-3-3-x-3-------------3-3-x-3-------------1-1-x-1-----------3-3-x-3------------||
B|-3-3-x-3------1------3-3-x-3------1------1-1-x-1-----------3-3-x-3------1-----||
G|-0-0-x-0--0h3---3p0--0-0-x-0--0h3---3p0--2-2-x-2----2p0----0-0-x-0--0h3---3p0-||
D|-----------------------------------------3-3-x-3--3-----3---------------------||
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Give it a try and see how it sounds. I bet one of you clever guys could come up with a modulation for a chorus or change to add even more interest.

Latest posts

Back