Good home for a lonely ST100 Springy 1980 ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

togps

Reaction score
.... recently sold to Thomas Blug, winner of the European Fender Strat Contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdTZFAMxDdc

Thomas told me: Gottfried, frankly, it would be really hard, to find such kind of guitar at Fenders Custom Shop ?
Hmm, I think, there is no need to add something or to comment it. Isn?t it?

togps said:
.... Hmm, I think, there is no need to add something or to comment it. Isn?t it?
:oops: > Oh, I mean from my point of view... 8)
Other forum members of course, are very welome to comment it ..

Hi Gottfried,
i saw him two times in his Hometown.Great Guitarplayer.
Hope he dont fake she with a Fenderdecal. :lol: :lol:
Sein Englisch klingt etwas saarlaendisch, oder? :D

Volker

togps said:
togps said:
.... Hmm, I think, there is no need to add something or to comment it. Isn?t it?
:oops: > Oh, I mean from my point of view... 8)
Other forum members of course, are very welome to comment it ..

Maaann ... da haste aber gerade noch mal die Kurve gekriegt ... mit 'double post' ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Volker,
you're right ... he is actually a "Saarl?nner" ... :wink:

Roger
BTW - nice guitar, but his homepage still says "on his old Fender" ... he should stand to what he's playing ... so Volker's comment on the decal thing isn't so absurd ... 8) 8)

Ja wui!

Wie ich als ?sterreicher sagen w?rde....

This guy is just fucking amazing!

C.R!

togps said:
.... recently sold to Thomas Blug, winner of the European Fender Strat Contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdTZFAMxDdc

Thomas told me: Gottfried, frankly, it would be really hard, to find such kind of guitar at Fenders Custom Shop ?
Hmm, I think, there is no need to add something or to comment it. Isn?t it?

Gottfried yet again you've made my day !!

DSCF0001.jpg

Crappy phobecam photo's of Thomas and I last November in Birmingham

I've met Thomas a number of times and had a few emails from him. He, like me is a massive Jeff Beck fan. We chatted a while and discussed Strat's and I got a close look at his '61 strat and how he's set it up his trem and Ernie Ball Slinky hybrid strings - 10's upper 3, 9's lower 3. We established I had a Bootleg DVD of Jeff Beck's tour with Buddy Guy in july '06 that he hadnt got.

I sent him a copy I have of Beck in Japan and in return he sent me loads of his stuff. Guitar tuition book and signed albums. He's a top guitarist and a true gentleman.

I hope to meet him again in November when he comes over to the UK to Music Live in Birmingham.

I also saw Thomas dep with Jerry Donahue on the Peavy Stand. Two masters of tone and talent.

DSCF0003.jpg

What type of strat clone ST-100 did Thomas buy from you Gottfried, Rosewood or Maple neck

Chris

Latest posts

Back