Goldstar ID help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, 3rdStone

I got the scratchplate from www.guitarpartsworldwide.com. I found them very easy to deal with. The chap there is named Mark and possibly if you mention my name (Derek Slade) he'll remember the scratchplate I bought. He put a photo of the guitar on his Facebook page. My Goldstar, as you'll see from the pic, has an 8-hole scratchplate. There was no drilling to do.

All best,

Del

How much did you pay including postage if you wouldnt mind sharing. good breakthrough, thanks for sharing,

Iain

Del said:
Hi, 3rdStone

I got the scratchplate from www.guitarpartsworldwide.com. I found them very easy to deal with. The chap there is named Mark and possibly if you mention my name (Derek Slade) he'll remember the scratchplate I bought. He put a photo of the guitar on his Facebook page. My Goldstar, as you'll see from the pic, has an 8-hole scratchplate. There was no drilling to do.

All best,

Del
Late answer, but thanks a lot for the reply, Del. My eyes and brain mustn't have been connected at that moment, since I actually managed to miss out that your Goldie had an 8-hole pickguard/scratchplate. :oops: Mine is off course the 11-hole one..

Duh, I think I'll contact that chap named Mark anyway, and hear him out on possible sollutions, and if the price issue including shipping back here might be reasonable in the end.

Sometimes I wish I could just buy a nice parchment/"vintage looking" pickguard without screwholes, and use my old one as a template and drilling these myself..

Very well, thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Back