Gibbo (tokai) guitars.......what's going on?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not chinese guitars interested in,maybe anyday of these, but
a thing I feel important about Tokai Gakki Co Ltd. chinese Tokais range they are aproved and inspected by factory , this means they wouldn?t let a Tokai branded go without meeting their specs which is a certain guarantee to me. I guess someone pointed here (Peter) some chinese guitars not aproved left the factory. If Tokai UK is actually stamping Tokai name on chinese guitars or another name or this Gibbos name is another people operation is a mystery to me.

It should be easy enough to confirm if they come from the UK Tokai distributor or not. I think Bob at Tokai UK is a member of this forum. I'm surprised we haven't heard from him. In case he hasn't read this I've sent him a link.

Chris

Maybe a cousin to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIBBONS-LESS-PULL-DECAL-FUN-LOGO-FOR-PROJECT-/120924550206?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c27aa343e

Very very interesting,thank you jawiluk, it seems to clarify things a lot if that is accurate info. I agree being a high risk sales matter. So I wonder if that Love Rock logo would be trademarked by Tokai in any way :-? and Bob Murdoch is allowed to use.

It kind of sounds like this "Bob" guy could have worked out a deal with the people who make the Chinese Tokai's, and then just put his own headstock sticker on them. There's many a thread on here about a guy from Canada who didn't even change the name on the headstock, just put in an order with the Korean's who were making them for Tokai. I have no idea if "Bob" has actually done this and it's pure scuttlebutt at this point even to name the guy but they use "love rock" still even though they are branded "gibbo" you think he'd be smart enough to tell them to leave that off too.

Are people around the U.K. gassing for Gibbo's now ???

Diamond said:
Not an official product.

Is that an ironclad, not manufactured by Tokai?
Or is it more in the way of "Not official, but..."

"Not an official product" sounds more like a press release than solild information.

Not shooting the messenger, Diamond. It's just my suspicious side.

I have no way of knowing if the info on MusicRadar is valid or not.
If it is true that these guitars are imported by the UK Tokai distributor
then that would suggest to me that these guitars are legitimate. If they
do have the Tokai logo underneath the Gibbo decal then that would be
very interesting indeed.

Latest posts

Back