• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS UK ONLY: TST50 'MARY KAYE' MODEL AS NEW

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prudd

Reaction score
SOLD

Regretfully having to sell my beautifull Mary Kaye model TST50, a mixture of finances and the fact that Im just not bonding with the maple neck.
It is one of the new MIJ correct vintage headstock Tokais, made with top quality woods and is in showroom condition, still has the film on the pickguard.

tstmarykaye015.jpg

here is a link to lots of pics:
http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/prudd/tokai%20mary%20kaye/

It has a centre seamed Ash body with a one piece canadian Maple neck and ,of course, gold hardware. It comes with a very nice tweed hard case, though I dont think it is a Tokai one.
Not sure its because its a single coil guitar, my others are humbucker'd, but there is a slight hum when you take your hands of the strings/bridge, nothing horrible Im just used to humbuckers I suppose.

tstmarykaye003.jpg

tstmarykaye012.jpg

The TST50's on the UK Tokai website have a retail price of ?699, these higher end 'Mary Kaye' style models are ?899, please feel free to check this out :D

here is a link to some other pictures/disscusion about the Mary Kaye TST:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19831&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

reduced down to ?550 . prefer cash on collection or I will be happy to ship at cost within the uk or meet up within 50 miles of Warrington or the Luton/london area for some petrol money

bump for a beautifull guitar
Im open to reasonable offers as Ive seen something else I fancy and need the cash to get it

That's one very nice guitar you have there Paul, beautiful grain markings.

I've been very lucky to have had a play on this guitar and do an A / B Test of it against my 1982 JV ST-62-115 Strat and 1980 ST-100 Springy Sound.

Mary Kaye wasn't upstaged

All the best with the sale

Regards

Chris

marcusnieman said:
Have you considered shipping it across the pond? Might be some potential buyers over here..... just a thought

To be honest, no I hav'nt, it scares the hell out of me just by agreeing to ship within the UK :D

Out if interest, does the ash body make these heavier than the regular TST50s?

Also, this one seems a bit whiter than PhilWs in the linked thread, which looks more of a vintage/yellow white shade. Presumably the difference is down to lighting?

Lovely looking guitar btw. I've been admiring it on the MusicRadar forum. Probably not for me, due to the radius/frets but it is quite beautiful. Hope someone buys it soon.

bashbrook said:
Out if interest, does the ash body make these heavier than the regular TST50s?

Also, this one seems a bit whiter than PhilWs in the linked thread, which looks more of a vintage/yellow white shade. Presumably the difference is down to lighting?

Lovely looking guitar btw. I've been admiring it on the MusicRadar forum. Probably not for me, due to the radius/frets but it is quite beautiful. Hope someone buys it soon.

It weighs in at 9lbs 2oz which sounds like it could be heavier than a regular TST50.

Ive looked at various pics of Phils and any difference is the lighting I think, ive got some pics of mine where it looks darker than Phils. This one for instance:

T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6mEuBQGZKB0fGQ60_12.jpg

And yes, I hope someone buys it soon, Ive seen something I want but cant afford :D

prudd said:
It weighs in at 9lbs 2oz which sounds like it could be heavier than a regular TST50.

Ive looked at various pics of Phils and any difference is the lighting I think, ive got some pics of mine where it looks darker than Phils. This one for instance:

T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6mEuBQGZKB0fGQ60_12.jpg

And yes, I hope someone buys it soon, Ive seen something I want but cant afford :D

Yes, it's quite hefty, but not as heavy as I've been led to believe many of the 70s ash strats were. It really is a great looker, so hope it sells. I was tempted but it's a bit heavier than the guitar I would be replacing it with. Which sort of defeats the object. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Back