• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS Tokai ATE-61 Breezysound, 1985. Southwest UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayBee

Reaction score
Regretfully for sale my Tokai, with free unworn Tokai T shirt (large).
I've become a chunky neck convert and the one on this guitar is slim!.
Alas it goes virtually unplayed, and as my good lady considers 14 guitars too many!! I am thinning the herd.
I used this Tokai as an example of what I should aspire to in build quality when modding and building other Telecasters / partscasters.
Great Guitar!
Bought six years ago and needing some attention the current specs are:-
Neck - veneer board rosewood, 7.25" radius, frets levelled, crowned and polished. Nitro refin, Tusq nut, original Kluson like tuners.
Headstock shape and logo correct for 1985, small block print reads "THE QUALITY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE WORLD" and "VINTAGE SERIES"

Body double bound 1 piece (no join detected), originally battered burst poly, now shielded, stained medium / dark natural, nitro finished.
Fender bridge single cutaway bridge plate, 3 compensated brass saddles.
CRL 4-way switch, CTS 250K CTS pots, electrosocket output jack cup..
Pickups are Seymour Duncan Antiquity, 8K 1024-32 neck (stock), 1024-22 bridge, rewound to 7.5K by Jay Monterose (Vintique) who had close Danny Gatton connections.
Total weight of guitar 7lb 12oz.
Price ?425 GBP
To a UK buyer who pays cash and collects from Somerset, I'll throw in a good hard case (choice of two). Mainland UK shipping ?12.99 GBP.
Other destinations, at cost on application. Paypal accepted.
Thought I'd list here (also in TDPRI classified ads) as hopefully some Tokai lover will give this one a good home, before it goes on Ebay in a couple of weeks.

Test runs no problem if any potential buyer can make it to Somerset.

Email me on [email protected] for any further info, pics etc.

In the meantime have look here http://www.tdpri.com/phpclassifieds/showproduct.php/product/14143/cat/9

I am not deserting the Tokai fold completely as the Goldstar Strat is a keeper.

So you`re getting rid of your T shirt because it doesn`t fit any more as your neck has become too chunky?Gabe.

JayBee said:
Headstock shape and logo correct for 1985, small block print reads "THE QUALITY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE WORLD" and "VINTAGE SERIES"

On a Breezy? I've never seen that before. Any close up pics? If it's a one piece body, I would post some decent pics of that as well, if I was you.

Mike

Yes the script definitely reads that way. The previous owner assured me that
he imported the guitar from Japan, maybe that is what makes it a bit unusual in the UK.
As for the lack of visible body join, I have just again inspected for the umpteenth time and I swear that it's a one piece.
As for good pics I will try a third digicam in the next few days (1st 2, no good for close up detail).

JayBee

Back