• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - Set of Greco Dry Z's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mertzy

Reaction score
I'm purging some gear for a vintage purchase, I was going to put these in my 1968 Les Paul but that will have to wait.

They are a matched set both with serial no 211016 indicating they were made on October 16, 1981. As you can see the covers have never been off.

The neck lead is 11 1/2-inches with an output of 7.33 K
The bridge lead is 7 1/2-inches with an output of 8.10 K

Price is $600 paypaled and shipped in the continental US, international shipping may be extra.

MyDryZs.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

Bump for some great pups!

BTW, how did the headstock repair turn out on the '68?

Still at Greg's shop, javascript:emoticon(':eek:') I'm actually going to call him today for an update, we haven't spoken since November.

Thanks for the bump!

Polarbear said:
Why so expensive? Are these rare or something.

Someone fil me in :)

They are worth it :wink: believe me
Only available in the Greco Super Real top of the line models 1200 and 1800.Absolutely amazing and one of the best PAF replics

I'm curious - were these renamed to DRY1982's for the Mint Collection EG59-180 guitars?

Dry 82 are different and from what I know sound different.But after 3 years practicing guitar I am not able to describe the sound character of a pickup or a guitar.All I can say is if I like it or not :lol: I never had a guitar with 82s in it but some guys here can explain the differences.But hey that would be funny if some day somebody would find out that Zs and 82s are 100 % the same... :lol: especially for people who paid the price for the Dry Z myth - like me ;-)

t.olsen

Believe me it's no myth, which is why it pains me to sell these. I'm looking for excuses to keep them, they are really really good.

mertzy said:
t.olsen

Believe me it's no myth, which is why it pains me to sell these. I'm looking for excuses to keep them, they are really really good.

I believe you without any doubt,mate.I have 2 pairs in my Greco and in my OBG and I can confirm every word - they are unbelievable amazing !

t.olsen said:
Polarbear said:
Why so expensive? Are these rare or something.

Someone fil me in :)

They are worth it :wink: believe me
Only available in the Greco Super Real top of the line models 1200 and 1800.Absolutely amazing and one of the best PAF replics

I agree with you most of the time Timo but IMO Dry Zs are not that special. I do like they way they break up but otherwise they are too airy/pushy (= dry?) for my taste There's better pups to be had for that price IMO.
They also feature in 1980/81 EGC1000s.

All money goes to my dog and not to guitars anymore.2 with Dry Z are enough :wink:

Latest posts

Back