• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - Pair of PAF MkII humbuckers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamfist

Reaction score
I have for sale an immaculate pair of Tokai PAF MkII humbuckers, straight out of a 2007 ALS90Q love rocks LP.
A great upgrade for anyone with an ALS48 or 53, or anyone else searching for some great PAFs.
I replaced them with some rather hotter pickups !!

Cost would be ?25 GBP for the pair plus shipping, which would be ?2.50 in the UK or in Europe. Shipping overseas to the USA, Canada or Australia would be ?4.50. Unfortunately I will not ship overseas except within Europe or to the USA, Canada or Australia. Email me at brshop"at"ntlworld.com if you are interested, or want to make an offer.

Alan

Can anyone who has changed the pickups on a LS48 comment about whether it is a worthwhile upgrade?

Tokai MKII are fine pickups I guess it will be an improvement over the MK IV korean ones but never did a direct comparison.MKII neck is good enough to achieve a good PAF style sounding.

?25 seems a lot for a slight improvement, if that's all it will be. Presumably it's best to spend a bit more and get a pair of Seymour Duncans off eBay?

You would be lucky to pick Duncans up for ?25 each. ?25.00 for a pair of high quality pickups is a bargain.

I have the MkII PAF's in one of my my 1980 LS80's at the moment, just thought I'd try them and they sound great, seem to have a little bit bit higher output than real PAF's, burstbuckers, Seth Lovers but do give a very good PAF type tone.

I have never tried the Korean pickups, but I cant think of a better upgrade you can get for ?25.00.

Latest posts

Back