• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Greco 1989 Mint Collection EG59-70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currypowder

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased this a few weeks ago. I've gone on a bit of a buying spree lately and I simply prefer my Edwards JP Relic. The guitar plays great, no issues whatsoever. The neck is nice and straight with little fret wear. It does have a few nicks and bumps here and there, but nothing major or that affects the playability of the guitar. When purchased, it was described as having Greco PAF's. I cannot confirm this, but the pickups do sound great, just as a LP should. Also, a couple of the tuners were loose, so I installed a new set of Klusons. The original tuners will be included. Also included is a cool leather gigbag. I don't know if it original. $625 Shipped in the continental US. I will ship internationally with the buyer picking up the shipping difference. Paypal preferred.

I am a fairly new member here, but have bought and sold numerous guitar gear on ebay (greginlouisville), The Gear Page and the Hamer Fan Club.

89_Greco_EG59_70_flametop.jpg

DSC03080.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03084.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

Fantastic guitar - think I asked you about it after you bought it.

But I too have just purchased and received an Edwards Jimmy Page relic (with super circuit) and it is by far one of the lightest, most toneful Les Pauls I've ever owned. Killer right out of the box.

That Greco is marvelous. Good luck on the sale.

Thanks for the praise. It really is a fabulous guitar. I don't want anyone thinking there is anything I don't like about it. I really like it. WHat it comes down to is too many guitars (I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem) and a similar guitar that I prefer. Those that have played an Edwards JP know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm hoping this can go to a good home.

Villager,

When I purchased the Greco, the pickups were described as Greco PAF's. I have no way to verify this, as the pickups have no markings. I also have no reason to beleive they were described inaccurately. If you have any suggestions on identifying them, I'm listening.

well ..it looks higher than a EG59-70 to me, that flame suggests at least a 85, do the pickups have gold screws on the underneath? or silver..I mean the 4 screws holding it together...

I had already bought that if I wasn?t in Europe and I knew where to hide them all so my wife doesn?t find them. :(

Latest posts

Back